Sunday, May 22, 2011

Wild Horse Pass

I've been waiting to make this post forever! Wild Horse Pass is the exit just before ours, it's the name of a resort and casino at that exit. There are 18 Miles of Ak-Chin Indian Reservation between our exit and the bedroom Community we live in. 18 Miles of desert that most days seem like it will never end, mountains in every direction you look and occasionally a few wild horses.

This spring we've seem them more than ever in the almost 5 years we've been there. It's safe to say we've seen the 5 days out of the week and years before we'd go months without seeing them. Recently I started taking my camera with me in the car hoping at the right time and moment they'd be on the right side of the road and the traffic flow would be light. Today was that day, well kinda, I did turn around in the median bc the horses were up close in the other side but it was a Sunday and traffic was light. I rolled down my window to take pictures of 7 horses and the girls were SO excited.

I am not sure why I was so eager to post this, I guess it's because I wanted to share in the beauty of God's Nature that I get view at least 6 days a week. The peaceful 18 miles to and from my exit that calms in the morning on the drive in and destresses me on the drive home (besides the traffic and occasional tumble weed). The horses are something to look forward to not knowing where they will be, on what side, how many and if the foals will be there too?

Enjoy! There is an interesting article about the horses here and the history of them.




1 comment: