Landry Kate Drelles was born on 8/9/2012 @ 1320 weighing in at 8lbs 4oz and 20 3/4 inches long.
I am not really sure where to begin as it's been forever since I blogged and never once did I mention my pregnancy.
Starting at my 36th week appointment I was dilated to 1 and pretty much increased by one each week until my 39th week I was considered at stretchy 3.
On Friday August 3rd I went to my regular appointment hoping for answers as my mom has flew in the day before and I wanted her to be able to spend as much time with the baby as possible. Dr. Ragaini check me and at that point I was the stretchy 3 and my bishop score was an 8 so she said I was a good candidate for induction, WOOT! I made the decision to go through the weekend to hopefully have this stubborn child on my own and scheduled the induction for Monday August 6, my due date! I left the appointment and the office called to me to advise me it was set up for 4:30 AM on the 6th.
The weekend came and went, no baby.
3:00 AM on the 6th the hospital called to advise me there was no room in the inn....they would call when there was an opening, so back to bed I went.
By Tuesday afternoon I decided to call the hospital to make sure I heard them right and that they would actually call me, yup I was still on the list and still no room. Tuesday night we head to Chuck E Cheese, what better way to exit a baby then to jump round with arcade games, no luck! Up until this point I was feeling fine just super excited to meet this little mystery person, who would have thought I would be 3 days late with my 3rd child? Now, I am just annoyed the days keep going by no baby and my mom is leaving on Sunday, FRUSTRATING!
Wednesday came and my mom and I decided to get pedis, another exiting strategy on my part, again with failure. That afternoon I decided to finally schedule my regular appointment with my Dr. for Friday just in case she still hadn't made her appearance, appointment set for 9:00AM Friday August 10th.
Birth Story:
Wed. August 8
1110 - Fell asleep
1130 - Hospital Called
Thurs. August 9
0030 - Arrive at Hospital
0100 - Admitted to Triage
0115 - Bishop score only 7depsite previous Dr. Appt. score 8, Nurse informed me we would do 3 cervical gels and two hours apart to ripen the cervix (needed to be an 8 to start pitocin)
0200 - First gel started
0400 - Second gel
0600 - Third gel
0800 - Cervix checked, dilated to stretchy 4, cervix thinned, bishop score 8 Nurse checking with Dr. Reyes Haley to see if we'll be admitted, hoping to leave the curtain cramped triage room
0830-0900 - Finally admitted to a room, triple WOOT!
1000 - Contractions getting more intense/consistant, holding off on pitocin to see what these contractions will bring
1030 - Dilated to 4.5 and pitocin started per Dr.
1200 - Received epidural before the Dr. headed in for surgery at noon
1210 - Nurse Jen put the peanut pillow between my legs and told me to page her if I needed anything or if my water broke
1215 - My water breaks just as she steps out of the room
1220 - Nurse Jen is back and I am now dialated to 6
1230 - Pitocin seems to be what I need along along, I am now at 7
1240 - Dilated to 9
1300 - Dilated to 10, room gets prepped for Dr. and Baby, I try one practice push while waiting for Dr. Reyes Haley
1320 - One Contraction and a couple of pushes = Baby Landry Arrives
Summary, labor was excellent and fast, I probably could have survived another hour and 20 minutes with out the epidural but somethings you just don't know (ie how long labor will last). In my opinion I clearly wasted 8 hours in Triage with the gel and us being in a cramped room. Another great pregnancy, labor and beautiful baby girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Praise be to GOD for another beautiful healthy baby girl! And she arrived before I needed to fly home. Great times! Mom S.
ReplyDelete