The weather here this week has been wonderful, feels like fall, cool crisp air!!!! The temp. here has been in the mid to low 80's, can you say no air conditioning, can't wait to get my next electric bill. I know many of you are thinking I thought you loved the heat, well that is correct I don't mind the heat but it's been a long summer indoors with the girls and I am excited to FINALLY being getting to play outside with them!
Cadence and I have walked down the block to the tot lot 3 times this week. She love's going down the slide, running around the circle and watching the other kids! Tonight I also went on my 3rd consecutive 2 mile walk, I am hoping this keeps up!
I also ventured out and called the library to see if they had story time, sure enough they do! Yesterday we tried it with SUCCESS! We walked in and I plopped Cadence on the floor in front of the "leader" and she sat there the whole time while I sat in the chair along the wall. I was so proud of her for sitting still the whole time and by herself! Story time started off with counting children out loud, criss cross applesauce and another rhyme that had to do with folding your hands. She read two stories one in which the children and to interact. Right before we left she (the leader) read a poem where the kids got to participate and hold pumpkins, each saying a line! I think next time I will have to sit by Cadence so I can help her participate counting, crossing her legs but overall she did wonderful, this is a must every week! I am not sure how much she got out of it but she sat there with blankie, puppy and thumb in mouth!
How could I forgot, in Berkley's 6 month update I forgot to mention she's got 4 teeth!!! Cadence was the exact same way with teething early and fast! Berkley has her front bottom two and her two eye teeth on top!
And....I often wonder how children get their nicknames? Although I doubt this will become a life long nickname but for now we have all picked up on it. Cadence calls Berkley = Boppy, it's the cutest thing :0) Poor Berkley, Cadence is only getting the B and Y correct but it will come!
Tomorrow we are heading to Mother Natures Farm, not sure what this is all about but I'll be sure to update and post pics!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Look at you go, doing all these fun activities! I feel like such a bum lately... I don't hardly feel well enough to make it off the couch some days! Hopefully that ends soon.
ReplyDeleteI laughed when you call the 80's good fall weather, but I suppose after you're adjusted to the extreme heat of your summers, is it! Glad that you are able to get outdoors now! :)
Lisa